Sunday, 9 June 2013

Fathers Day

Morning all, I hope you weekends going well for you all. I was lucky enough to have Saturday off work, therefore there was only one way to celebrate, yes that's right, crafting! I managed to create two cards, one for my dad which you'll see today and the next for my mum.

The Father's Day car card is using the 'Best Dad Ever' (120681) stamp set which is sadly retiring at the end of the month! It's surprising now once you have taken a step back and look at what's leaving when you truly appreciate their usefulness. With both cards I made I've used what I call the Dexterous technique because a friend of mine was the one to show it to us. Her name is Nicky Dexter, please follow this link to her blog. The technique allows you to have the image poking out of the matted shape, if that makes sense? 
This isn't the best example of the the technique dues to the banner running across the ties. I hope you get the gist of it. I can't help but feel there's something missing from the card. Personally I feel is needs some more Midnight Muse added in with embellishments etc. I'll be posting the card for my mum soon which demonstrates the technique really well.

Well I'm off to get ready for work later and some house work done. It's all go, whatever happened to Sunday being the day of rest! Have a lovely day!




3 comments:

  1. A fab Fathers day card martin, i love the Dexter technique ;) & the backing paper i fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the wood grain pattern to! Just so effective for men's cards!

      Delete