Sunday, 10 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day

Afternoon, 
Can't believe its already one o'clock!
Where is time going these days? 
Anyhow for toughs of you how follow my Facebook page will already know who won the stamp set. 
But for my blogger friends the winner was: 
Victoria O'Neill 
Congratulations Victoria!

Now onto today's card... 
As I'm sure you are all aware we have a little special day approaching... 
Yes, Saint Valentines Day!
Love it or hate it,
Its such a 'cute' day with what it signifies for people. 

Well sadly no Valentine for me this year but doesn't stop me celebrating it!
So here is the card I made.



I really wanted to use loads of colour and make the card with bright! 
I managed it! Yay!
I used the sentiment from You Are Loved (123779). It's just so cute!
I have been dying to try this 'Chalkboard' technique
(using white on black card stock and making it look messy) 
I quite like it to be honest. 
Might being seeing more of it! 
I also love the effect I achieved with Two Step Stamping! 
Using the stamp set is Stippled Blossoms (126747) just look at these flowers turned out
I used Bashful blue and Island Indigo. 

Anyhow I've bored you enough with my gibber gabber! 
Have a lovely Sunday

~x~ 

12 comments:

  1. This is really nice Martin, love the colours you've used, and the flowers are fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design and colours Martin.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Martin -fabulous colours and great design.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the use of the blue and green, it's so nice to see something other than red being used and the design is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I just love this card super layout and colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Valentine card...love the design and colours too.
    Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Martin, A gorgeous card, love the bright colours and the flowers seem to pop. Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Martin - I just found your blog via FB ;)

    This card is absolutely gorgeous - your stamping is perfect, I thought this was all ready made stash!

    Sorry you haven't got a valentine but you seem like a catch just waiting to steal someone's heart! Be patient and discover yourself and the right 'one' will come along when you least expect it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card, you definately have a flair for crafting x
    http://sylviaskards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your lovely comments and support!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Martin, love the chalkboard effect x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful, love the floral images and the colours and the sentiment is so pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete